2017 Student Bursaries
Who is eligible?
- Members or relatives of members, of unions affiliated to and in good standing with, the KDLC.
- Definition of a relative: a spouse of same or opposite sex, parent, child, including step-child or foster child, brother, sister, grandchild, niece or nephew.
- Applicants must be registered in a full-time or part-time post secondary program at a PUBLIC education institution in 2017/2018.
All of the following information MUST be included in your submission to the KDLC Bursary Committee.
1. Application form: 2017 KDLC BURSARY APPLICATION
2. Transcript of your grade standing
3. Confirmation of your enrollment in a PUBLIC education institution in 2017/2018. If you are waiting for enrollment confirmation, please send a letter stating you are waiting for the confirmation and if you are chosen for a bursary, the confirmation will have to be shown before you will receive the bursary
4. A double-spaced typed essay of 750-1000 words on the following topic. This essay shall be the basis for awarding the bursary.
What impact do you feel the “Fight for $15” campaign will have?
5. Please submit all of the above information to the address below before May 12, 2017.
The Committee will ONLY accept Bursary applications by mail to:
Kamloops and District Labour Council PO Box 369 STN MAIN
Please ALSO send a copy of your bursary application and your answer to the question to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is to make sure we get all of the applications in a timely fashion.