Please find attached the CUPE 4879 Scholarship Award Application form.
Three $1000 education awards are available. Preference will be given for one award to a student in a trade, technical, or vocational program; for the second award, preference will be given to a student in an academic program, and the third will be awarded to a student in either a trade or academic program.
The applicant must:
- Have a parent, guardian, or spouse/partner who is a member in good standing of CUPE Local 4879; or the applicant her/himself must be a member in good standing of CUPE Local 4879.
- Submit proof of paid registration:
- In a full-time course load (for academic and vocational students, this means enrolment in at least 3 courses; and for trades and technical students, this means enrolment in at least an 8 week full-time training course).
- In a first year or subsequent years at a recognized post-secondary institution in a trade, technical, vocational, or academic program in Canada.
- For the academic year in which they are applying for the scholarship.
Note: Preference will be given to students attending Thompson Rivers University.
- Submit a 500-word letter (maximum length) describing their future plans and their knowledge of unions in their community.
- Provide a letter of reference from an employer or from a representative of a school recently attended.
- Submit the completed application form and additional materials requested above to the CUPE 4879 administration office by 12:00 noon of December 14th, 2017 in a sealed envelope marked “CUPE 4879 EDUCATION AWARD” on the outside with no other identifying information.CUPE 4879 Scholarship Application Form 2018
If you have any questions please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 236-425-2141.