After years of government underfunding, access to high quality Post-Secondary Education is at risk. CUPE 4879 and many CUPE Locals representing Post-Secondary Institutions across the Province and across Canada are raising awareness through the “Our Time To Act” campaign. We hope you will join us. It’s time for the federal government to be a real partner in post-secondary education again. The campaign is asking for the federal government to:
• Adopt a Post-Secondary Education Act with clear conditions and accountability measures for federal funding.
• Create a dedicated Post-Secondary Transfer.
• Increase transfer funding by 40 percent to restore the level of per-student PSE funding that was provided in 1993.
• Work with the provinces to reduce and eventually eliminate tuition fees for post-secondary education.
There are many things you can do to help because high-quality funded accessible post-secondary education is essential:
• Watch for campaign events and social media messages on our website, Facebook and Twitter and share information on social media.
• Write, call or visit your Member of Parliament.
• Sign the petition https://cupe.ca/sign-petition-its-time-federal-government-be-real-partner-post-secondary-education-again .
• Send a postcard to the Prime Ministers (contact email@example.com and we will send you one or more).
• Have a conversation with your friends and family.
To learn more about the campaign, please visit https://cupe.ca/our-time-act.